Thursday, May 13, 2010

What up my bloggas! This is my first entry here since being across the pond and I hope to keep it updated almost daily with photos and such.
So far I am really enjoying the U.K. Oxford is a very cool little city. After we arrived the first day, we were all pretty tired and and had lunch and a little orientation then went on a quick tour around Oxford and just walked around some.
Our first day, (yesterday 5/12) we went to the Ashmolean museum first thing in the morning. The Ashmolean was very cool and had several big artist, Picasso, Van Gogh, Sergeant, and some others are a few I saw, and it was a free museum so that was cool. I was there for an hour or two, taking notes and making sketches of the work I saw. After that I had to hurry back to the house and grabbed some lunch before we started painting. We had a quick little water color tutorial in our class room at the house then we headed out to this meadow not too far away. It was awesome, really pretty. It is just free public land for anyone to go one, and there were horses and cows and everything.
-I thought the 3 person bike in the picture was pretty funny, amongst all the animals.

An here is my view from when I was painting along this river.



-I sat and painted for awhile and it was really nice, then it started getting cloudy and got freezing. So I gave up after my hands were numb and I had a semi complete water color.

That's all I got for today, but I'm going to try and get more pictures today, maybe with me in them!
But anyways I love and miss everyone who's viewing from back home and talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment