Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wednesday 5/19

Wednesday was our set photography day. We started the day with a tour through Oxford by one of the professors who is here year round. It was very interested, there is so much history in this one city. We saw were some scenes for Harry Potter were filmed so that was fun and learned of the history of the colleges at Oxford. We then were on our own to capture the city life of Oxford in our photos. There is a really cool covered market that we have visited a couple times, we grabbed some lunch there and cookies from a great little cookie bakery, baking huge fresh cookies. I then decided to get a hair cut at the market barber shop, haha. I got the clipper cut and beard trim (just imagine me saying this in an accent). It was pretty funny. After getting my trim we snapped some more photos at another open-air market with fruits and vegetables and really just about everything else then headed back. We've been having really busy mornings and early afternoons so usually at around 2 I'm beat. so yesterday I took a nice nap, then cooked dinner with some others. It was nice to actually cook a meal for myself over here. The past couple days I haven't had groceries so I have been scrounging from kitchen to kitchen to see what the girls have been cooking up. I guess that's a perk of being with 20 girls is they like to cook so I've been able to slip a meal here and there. After dinner some of us went to an ice cream shop and hung out for a little while. Here's some pics from the day:

Courtyard from Harry Potter.






And here I am at the Barber shop


Enjoy.



1 comment: