Thursday, May 20, 2010

Monday 5/17

Ok so on Monday we met early and set out for The Cotswolds, haha so British. Anways we had a little bit of a bus ride to The Cotswolds, which is an area of little towns, public land, old villages, and ruins. We got to the town, I can't remember the name of it now, but it was a very nice little town with nice shops and pubs here and there. We then set out to where we would be painting, on the country side, which we pretty much hiked to get to. I think it was a good 2 miles. But it was a beautiful walk, the entire way we walked along this trail along a stream. It really reminded me of Colorado and looked like some prime fly fishing. We walked till we reached this abandoned church from the 18th century I believe. It was set right in these hills, on the edge of a forest, with little cottages spaced around it, I felt like I was in a movie it was so nice.


The church..

And the view for my watercolor.

After being out there for a couple hours we walked back into town and grabbed lunch at a pub before catching another bus that took us to these old ruins. It's so cool because all of these places are in such good shape, and not over run by tourists at all, the people respect the land and it's history. I don't know if similar things would be in such good shape in the U.S.




We stayed and painted at the ruins for a little over an hour before catching the bus back to Oxford. It was a very busy, but great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment